Sunday, 20 June 2010

Language Test for Partners further explained

20 June 2010

On the 9th June 2010 the UKBA announced that any migrant who wants to enter or stay in the UK as the partner of a British Citizen or a person settled in the UK will have to show that they can speak English.

No set date has been given for the introduction of these rules but it has been stated that in Autumn 2010 the rules will be introduced into the UK Immigration Rules.

If you are looking to enter or remain in the UK after Autumn 2010 you will have to show a basic command of English which includes speaking and listening at level A1 of the CEFR. This is a basic level of English and generally people who hold this level can express themselves and get by with everyday use of English. There is no need to show your writing and reading skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.