Whether you are looking for short term as a temporary worker or a more permanent position many people choose to look at an employment agency for assistance. There are many employment agencies in the UK and each year they advertise about 4 million vacancies each year.
Submitting your CV to these recruitment agencies has a number of benefits:
- You stand a good chance of finding work or valuable information on the job market before you arrive
- If you are working full time then the agency can work on your behalf while you apply for other jobs
- Specialist recruitment agents will be able to offer more relevant advice on their specific sector which will be invaluable
General Rules for Using Recruitment Agencies:
- Supply a CV that is specific for the sector you are applying
- Be upfront with the agency from the beginning so they know what to look for and what not to
- Be in constant contact with the agent for progress report and any updates
- DO not rely on one agency you may sign with as many you wish
There are a number of websites that people use when looking for a job online. You can sign up to receive regular emails about jobs or new job listings.
These are the most popular websites used:
Totaljobs, AlljobsUK, Reed, Agency Central,Guardian Jobs, Jobfit and Monster
Besides for these site you could also use local newspapers and recuitment agencies in your chosen area.