Thursday, 17 February 2011

UK Foreign Worker Visa Policy Update February 2011

Yesterday the New Changes to the UK WORKING VISA SYSTEM and the ANNUAL LIMIT were announced by the Home Office.

UK Employers looking to hire non EU skilled workers will need to apply for a certificate of sponsorship from the UKBA for a specific job rather than receiving a number of certificates to issue each year.

The Govt also confirmed that employers filling a position with a salary of 150,000 GBP or more will not be included in the annual limit of certificates of sponsorship that may be issued.

Foreign NON EU WORKERS looking for work in the UK will have to hold a graduate level job, meet salary and employment requirements and speak an intermediate level of English

Intra Company Transfers to the UK are not part of the annual limit BUT have been changed in 3 areas:

-The job has to be in an occupation on the graduate occupation list

-Foreign Employees paid between 24,000 GBP and 40,000 GBP will only be allowed to stay in the UK for a maximum of 12 months. These people will need to leave at the end of this 12 month period and will not be allowed to re-apply for a further 12 months

-Employees paid 40,000 GBP or more will be able to stay in the UK for more than 1 year. These individuals will be issued a further 3 years with the chance to extend for a further 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.